May 31, 2020
Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are excited to let you know that we are resuming all non-essential and elective treatment.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your family’s oral health needs and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you may have witnessed during your visits. The safety and comfort of our dear patients and staff is of utmost importance.
Our office has always adhered to the guidelines published by Health Canada, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and the College of Dental Hygienist’s of Ontario, and continues to do so.
You will see some minor changes when you attend your upcoming appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to review Covid-19 screening questions, and the same screening questions will be asked again upon your arrival.
- We will call your cell when we are ready to allow you entrance into the building, until then, you will be asked to wait in your car. (If you have a cell)
- You will see additional signage of Covid symptoms, cough etiquette, etc.
- Our administrative staff will be wearing masks and eye protection.
- We will request hand sanitization upon entry, and provide you with a mask to wear if you do not have one. (home made mask is fine)
- We will take your temperature, and if no sign of a fever, you will be escorted directly to the operatory.
- You will be requested to rinse for 30-60 seconds with a hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse.
- After completion of treatment you will be required to wear a mask.
- You will be escorted to the administration desk for any necessary billing and or appointment scheduling.
- We request that you maintain a 6 ft distance from the admin staff if possible, and keep your mask on at all times, except when receiving treatment.
- We request that if you develop any Covid symptoms, 0-14 days after your appointment, you contact the office and inform the administrative staff.
- We request payment via debit or visa if possible, avoiding cash.
- We are disinfecting all touch surfaces frequently, and have increased house keeping services.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the office.
We appreciate your patience, trust and loyalty during this time, and look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely, Doctors and Staff of Northside Dental